Sunday, March 11, 2012

Back to school

I've spent a few hours studying the directions and plans. I quickly scanned the directions after opening the package. There were some things I didn't understand, but I figured the plans might add some clarity. After studying the plans for a while, some things were clarified, but even more questions came up, too. I'm guessing that the kits, as they arrive, will shed even more light on things. So, as things progress and I study the various pieces of the puzzledirections, plans, and the actual wood and metalthings will become clearer. For things that remain confusing or about which I am uncertain, I will have a chat with a local EAA regular. They meet on the second Tuesday of each month at Thun field (Pierce County Airport), just a bit outside Tacoma.


I ordered the first kit from Aircraft Spruce yesterday. It includes everything I need to build the ribs (including epoxy and nails). It also includes the spars. The Baby, the Super, and the Buddy all use this kit.



No comments:

Post a Comment